Saturday 2 August 2008

Engine Fitted....

I fitted the engine in last week, to do this, instead of using a hoist i raised the front of the car over the engine and then lowered the car down. I'd recommend using a hoist if i were to do it again as it was a pain to do. I've also fitted the prop shaft from tiger racing which then determines the position of the engine and gearbox...... So then i could drill the holes for the gearbox mount and engine mounts.

I'd recommend drilling the holes for the gearbox mount before fitting the sides to the transmission tunnel as space is limited.... I had to jack the car up and drill them from underneath while laying on my back.... Next I rested the engine on a couple of bits of 2 by 2 and drilled the holes for the engine mounts.

1 comment:

Radio Se7en said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.